Looking at the tiny size of Singapore you would think there isn’t much this city can offer, but the attractions and cultural highlights Singapore has will surprise you. If you are a food lover, they have dozens of Michelin star restaurants to try and also offer you the variety of amazing Hawker stalls. Are you an adrenaline junkie? Then head to their Sentosa island for a whole world of adventures and lastly if you just wish to relax, soak in some sun at the breathtaking Marina Bay Sands, Infinity pool.
With this our team at Sana.ae had the wonderful privilege of accompanying the tourism board of Singapore for a trip to their city where we got to catch a tiny glimpse of what this city has to offer when it comes down to some top rated attractions, Singapore is known for.
- Gardens By The Bay – This futuristic park offers breathtaking views of Singapore, and the impressive skywalk is not to be missed. An idealistic place to spend an entire day without realizing it, make sure to catch the glamorous light show later in the evening. You can also visit their temperature controlled gardens which are a fascinating place both for the adults and kids.
- Sentosa Island – Sentosa Island is a heaven for adventure seekers, with having the fantastic Universal Studios and a dozen of activities to choose from this place can easily take up a few days of your trip if you wish to see this spectacular place completely. Don’t miss out seeing Madame Tussauds or the Trick Eye Museum which shall amaze you thoroughly.
- Marina Bay – An impressive downtown area which showcases the appealing Singapore skyline. Take a stroll around the picturesque Merlion, a walk over the colorful Millennium Bridge or a cruise over the Singapore River which shall make you fall in love with this fairytale city.
- Clarke Quay – This area is filled with locals and tourists who want to enjoy Singapore to the fullest. With tons of clubs, restaurants and bars this place attract quite a bunch of people. Best time to head here would be after sunset or on Friday night where you can witness the fun side of the city dwellers.
- Singapore Flyer – Enjoy the panoramic views of the city by taking a ride at the iconic Singapore Flyer. The 30min ride offers you an unobstructed view of the city. Started in 2008, this place has managed to be one of the favorites of the many tourists who come to visit Singapore. No trip would be complete without taking a trip here.
- Singapore Zoo – Be it, kids or adults, you should surely take a day out to visit the Zoo. Many of the animals here are not caged unlike other zoos or locked up behind glass walls; they roam freely in their confined space. If you wish to make your day even more interesting, you could take a tour of their night safari too.
- Orchard Street – Head to Orchard Street to ‘Shop till you Drop.’ This shopping district is a hub for fashion lovers and brand fanatic people. While you can either walk down the different malls or go straight up to the Ion mall to catch some good discounts and deals. Don’t forget to treat yourself with a little Singaporean souvenir from here.
- China Town – Indulge in some authentic Chinese food or get your hands on some local gift shops where you can bargain your way to a tremendous discount. In China Town, you can view the diverse group of people, culture, and food which shall make you love this hotspot.
Disclaimer – This trip was sponsored by YourSingaporeArabia which is the tourism board in UAE, but my opinions remain unbiased.